At Ecolectrics, 'renewables' sits at the heart of our existence. Whilst the benefits of utilising renewables like solar power in our homes has obvious environmental benefits, for the majority of customers, the main consideration is cost.
The question that is understandably most asked. The answer involves various factors, all of which have an impact on how many months/ years it takes to repay the installation costs. Factors include:
1. Weather conditions.
2. Where you are geographically in the UK.
3. Where your solar panels are facing (directly south or otherwise?)
4. The angle of your solar panels.
5. The number of and type of solar panels.
6. Any shading issues.
As such, it is easy to appreciate there is no clear answer. However...
We have found that a useful website for the calculation of energy savings can be found here at Great Home.*
This calculator allows you to change variables such as the amount of energy you use, which of course, is different for every household.
* The link to Great Home is provided for information only and Ecolectrics accepts no liability for any information contained therein. Ecolectrics is in no way affiliated or linked with Great Home, we simply find it is a useful tool that we feel customers can use as a guide.
Click here for details as to how you can get in touch with us.